The Precision Medicine Graduate Program offers students the opportunity to take courses as a non-degree seeking student. This option is available for students who want to experience graduate-level courses while deciding if or when to pursue a graduate certificate or master’s degree. It is an excellent way for students to broaden their knowledge base in a particular subject or enhance their professional development.
You may take up to four (4) credits as a non-degree seeking student prior to being admitted as either a graduate certificate or master’s student. A new non-degree application is required for each term you wish to take courses as a non-degree seeking student.
Up to four (4) credits can be transferred toward the graduate certificate or master’s degree in personalized medicine later on, provided you earn a B or better. Being a non-degree student does not guarantee acceptance into the graduate certificate or master’s degree programs.
All courses taken as a non-degree seeking student are credit-bearing. Your official transcript will list coursework, course number, course title and grade received. The earned hours, hours carried and GPA will read as zero on your official transcript as those fields are only completed for UF degree seeking students. If you are planning on transferring UF non-degree coursework to another institution for credit, it’s advised that you first verify with the other institution that the credit will be accepted.
Non-Degree Minimum Requirements
For All (Domestic and International) Applicants
- A baccalaureate degree in a natural science subject from an accredited institution. If your bachelor’s degree is not in a natural science subject, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- An upper-division GPA of 2.0 (C grade) or better
- To calculate what your upper-division GPA is, please use the Upper Division GPA Worksheet.
Additional Non-Degree Minimum Requirements: For International Students Only
- The English language skill requirements for admission:
- If your native language is not English, or if you graduated with a bachelor’s degree from a non-English speaking country, you will need to take and submit your TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) or other Graduate Council approved English language skills test scores.
- Non-English speaking countries are those which are not included in the Graduate School’s list of English speaking countries.
- To be admitted as a non-degree seeking student, the applicant must score the following on the TOEFL:
TOEFL Exam Type Required Score Paper-based 550 Computer-based 213 Internet 80
- A maximum of four (4) credits can be taken as a non-degree seeking student.
- A student who is already admitted to the University of Florida must contact us before an application is submitted.