As a graduate student at the University of Florida, you are now part of one of the most comprehensive University systems in the country. We encourage you to bookmark this site, as this page provides information and links to many important resources that you’ll use throughout your graduate study.
On This Page:
The course delivery system currently used is known as Canvas. Students can access assignments, readings, quizzes and tests, and pre-recorded content using this system. Interactive discussion boards are available 24-hours every day for students to engage in scholarly discussions with classmates and instructors. Students can monitor their progress in a given course using an interactive gradebook tool.
During the registration process you will be asked to create a GatorLink account. The GatorLink login and password you create is what you will use to access e-Learning. A couple weeks before classes start detailed instructions will be sent out to assist you with accessing your classes.
If it is before the drop/add deadline, students may drop their course without fee liability. The fees will be refunded and the course will not appear on the student’s transcript. If it is after the drop/add deadline, students may still drop their course(s), but the fees will not be refunded and the student will be assigned a W for each course on their transcript.
- You cannot drop your course in ONE.UF. If you drop your course in ONE.UF you will still be liable for tuition.
- You cannot drop your course by contacting your course instructor.
Withdrawing From a Course
If it is after the drop/add deadline and a student requests to drop their course it will be considered a withdrawal.
The student will be liable for all course tuition and a “W” will appear on his or her transcripts.
You must email a request to the registration team at firstname.lastname@example.org, who will send direct instructions to you.
Every semester a Registration Preparation Hold, Local Address Information Hold, and Emergency Contact Hold are placed on all University of Florida student accounts. These holds need to be cleared by the student before the student can have access to his or her course(s).
Please follow these instructions to clear the hold(s):
- Go to ONE.UF
- Click the heading “Academics” on the left menu
- Click on “Action Items”
- Under “Action Items” see “Holds”
- Follow the directions to clear the Registration Preparation and Emergency Contact Hold.
- Log out of ONE.UF completely, close your browser, and then log back in to ONE.UF to verify that the hold was successfully removed.
If you have an Immunization Hold, it does not apply to you. You do not need to have your immunization records sent to the University of Florida. The distance education registration team will ask the University of Florida registrar to have this hold removed for you internally. If you have any additional holds please contact us at email@example.com.
This student resources section is designed to assist students with preparing for their online classes.
File Viewers and Plug-ins
If you are unable to resolve your problem and still require technical assistance, please do not hesitate to send an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All non-degree, graduate certificate, and master’s degree students can receive benefits from the G.I. Bill or V.A. Tuition Assistance.
- Active Duty Military interested in using Tuition Assistance benefits should contact their base Education Office and coordinate payment by emailing email@example.com.
- The UF V.A. office must also be involved to coordinate the benefits and payment. Please contact them at VAcounselor@ufl.edu or 352-294-2948.
Once you are a student, all official communication will be sent to your UFL email account. Your GatorLink username makes up the first part of the UFL email address (the part before @ufl.edu). Your UF email can be set up 2 weeks after you have been admitted to the program.